Colorful Schools is a nonprofit and charitable organization based in Santa
Barbara, CA, created for the purpose of making a positive difference in
the world by offering alternative education, mental wellness services, research, and
advocacy for children and families. We specialize in supporting cognitive, physical, creative, and psychological (social-emotional) development and well-being. We can help with attachment trauma, adoption, anxiety, and parenting challenges. We work with children and caregivers, individually and as a family system.
Purpose Statement of Colorful Schools
The specific purposes for which this organization was formed include, but are not limited to:
- developing and providing innovative alternative learning experiences, such as inquiry-based STEAM curriculum (chemistry,
physics, engineering, entrepreneurship, art) as well as classes and
programs that facilitate social-emotional learning (psychology,
neuroscience, expressive arts, mindfulness, meditation);
- offering comprehensive and competent mental health services to
children, adults, and families, focusing on clients with a history of anxiety and
- providing psychoeducation, workshops, therapeutic process groups and support groups to the community on a sliding scale;
- conducting research on effective practices in the field, including
contributing to relevant publications and facilitating information
- offering advocacy services to protect interests of children and families in public organizations;
The company is funded in part by several on-line stores which help us
raise money by offering inspiring colorful products that help parents
and children create an environment that is imaginative, safe, flexible
Colorful Childhood Store – Made in USA and Colorful Kids World offer beautiful, colorful and affordable products for children’s rooms.
We appreciate generous donations and support of Cospheric LLC - a global leader in manufacturing of precision microspheres and enabling breakthroughs in research and technology all over the world.
We also appreciate Kidaru Indoor Playground and Learning Center at La Cumbre Plaza for donating classroom space for our education program. Kidaru team creates an inclusive, warm, and nurturing environment which stimulates all areas of child development through unstructured, active, free play for children from zero to six years old.